this is a short and to-the-point passage.
i'll summarize in a few 'tweet-like' sentences or phrases, each of which is an answer to the question proposed in the chapter heading.
1) eat as you ought: politely, with temperance and restraint
2) someone fails you? don't get angry or lose your temper
3) we are social beings; children of God/Zeus; therefore we are from the same family and ought to have a familial relationship with others
4) keep the proper perspective of things; this clump of dirt called earth is small in the vast universe
5) laws of men are "laws of the dead"; have greater "regard for the laws of the gods"